We are very proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.11. This release contains significant performance improvements and many new features, as well as a number of stability enhancements and bug fixes. It consolidates the functionality offered by Xoom 3, including the capabilities needed for Service Optimization Tuning Toolkit, as development moves towards cloud-friendly and truly multi-product Xoom 4 and beyond.
Continue reading Xoom 3.11 has been released
This is a bug fix release addressing the following two bugs:
- Due to other changes related to performance improvements in Xoom 3.10.6, Revision and Stamp were accidentally no longer removed prior to the SXP message modifying an item being sent to Service Optimization. This resulted in the error message “Object was updated in database by another server process” being reported when Revision or Stamp was newer in the object in the Service Optimization database. The fix restores the correct behaviour.
- Object Reference changes weren’t immediately reflected in Xoom internal type system even when the change to Object Reference setting was done using Xoom. (The change itself was performed correctly, and restarting Xoom service correctly reflected the updated type system.) This behaviour was now fixed, and the change to the type system is picked up immediately without any further user intervention.
We are happy to announce the release of Xoom 3.10.6. This release brings two notable new features: transition to ZanyScript 2 in knowledge base processing, and the introduction of a much more powerful mechanism for filtering collections and items that shouldn’t be retrieved or deployed by Xoom.
Continue reading Xoom 3.10.6 has been released
This is a minor release containing an important change required in automated upgrade scenarios.
When the upgraded scheme contains one or more properties that don’t exist on the old system, deploying a XoomXML from the old system would previously cause those properties’ values to be deleted. The behaviour has been changed in this release, and those properties will now keep the value they already have in the updated system. This avoids the need to pre-populate the XoomXML file with up-to-date data prior to deployment in such scenarios, which is a cumbersome and time consuming step.
We are not currently aware of any situations where this change is undesirable since persistent differences in the scheme only ever happen in upgrade scenarios.
We are excited to announce the release of Xoom 3.10.4. This is a maintenance release addressing the following issues:
- XoomProcessor (xp.exe) is now truly a stand-alone executable. Previously it expected nlog.config file to be located next to it.
- Changes in scheme implementation now enable Xoom to create custom multi-value collections with non-standard table names. This functionality is useful in upgrade scenarios, in particular where the two versions in question are quite far apart and custom collections in the old version were created using non-standard tools, typically by hand-crafted SQL scripts.
- Xoom now correctly handles scheme deployment with extensive use of xoom:set special form, such as deployment of all user-defined properties using xoom:set in upgrade scenarios. Previously, there were circumstances where false differences were identified during deployment (although not deployed), and the deployment was sometimes cut short and had to be done in stages.
- Assignment collection on the list of excluded dictionaries (a Service Optimization setting) is now handled correctly.
We are happy to announce the release of Xoom 3.10.3. This is a maintenance release with the following two changes:
- Xoom Rename Helper, a tool intended to help with mass renames of items while preserving the validity of references in the ClickSoftware context, has been added to the standard Xoom distribution. Please contact support for the relevant documentation if you wish to use the new tool.
- The licensing restriction on the number of mobile workers in the Service Optimization database no longer includes crews for Service Optimization versions 8.1.7 or newer.
We are proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.10.2. This is a patch release with a number of improvements included.
Continue reading Xoom 3.10.2 has been released
This is a minor patch release that contains bug fixes and some minor functional improvements.
Continue reading Xoom 3.10.1 has been released
We are proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.10. This is a major release, bringing significant functional and performance improvements, and a host of new features in particular targeting more selective transport and deployment control on Service Optimization environments.
Continue reading Xoom 3.10 has been released
We are proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.9. This is a significant new release that, among other things, significantly improves overall performance and improves maintainability and readability of Xoom knowledge bases by introducing hierarchical structure of interpretation instructions.
Continue reading Xoom 3.9 has been released