Introduction to Xoom (2018)
This presentation contains an introduction to Xoom for ClickSoftware customers and implementers. The presentation introduces the core approach of Xoom, lists main use cases, and summarises the capabilities that are not available in any other way.
Please feel free to get in touch if there are any questions or if you would like to schedule a Xoom demo.
Upgrading with Xoom (2018)
Xoom enables an upgrade process that greatly reduces the amount of manual work required and the risks associated with the upgrade. The described capabilities are particularly useful to ClickSoftware customers and implementers now that ClickSoftware has deprecated most of the versions that are currently in active use by the end of 2018, and could facilitate an upgrade from any version of ClickSoftware since 7.5 to on premise or cloud-hosted Service Optimization 8.3, or Field Service Edge.
The process was previously addressed in some detail here, but this presentation both summarises and expands on the previous description.
The presentation introduces the configuration management challenge and Xoom’s role in addressing it through the use of easy to understand metaphors and examples. It is intended to introduce Xoom to people without assuming deep technical experience and knowledge.
Please be aware that the video is just over 25 minutes long.
We are pleased to announce the release of Xoom 3.12.2. This is a minor patch release containing the following bug fixes and improvements:
- The minimum version of SXP Extensions for Service Optimization has been bumped to 5.4.0 in order to ensure that the functionality introduced in Xoom 3.12 is indeed always available regardless of whether this is a new installation or an upgrade of Xoom. The most important impact of this change is on SOT Toolkit users.
- Added minor changes to the knowledge base in order to improve support in particular of central settings in the Custom category.
We are proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.12. The combined main purpose of this release has been to update the Service Optimization extensions, including introducing functionality that enables SOT Toolkit to perform measurements related to optional hours. Details are listed below.
Continue reading Xoom 3.12 has been released
We are proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.11.5. This is a minor release containing functional improvements and bug fixes. Details below.
Continue reading Xoom 3.11.5 has been released
We are very proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.11.4. This release contains a number of very significant bug fixes, an extensive re-implementation of the treatment of circular dependencies, it finally makes it possible to open any XSL file in Xoom Explorer without copying it to Reports folder first, and contains a number of other improvements. Details below the line.
Continue reading Xoom 3.11.4 has been released
We are happy to announce the release of Xoom 3.11.3. This is another important hotfix that contains a number of bug fixes and other changes:
- Fixed the bug where during the analysis references to non-root items (such as Service Optimization’s multi-value collections) resulted in an erroneous reporting of bad references.
- When XoomXML is loaded for analysis or deployment, items belonging to types that are not known to Xoom are now identified, an error is reported, and the items in question are then excluded from any further processing.
- Dramatically improved the performance of analysis prior to deployment.
- Introduced detailed logging of errors during the update of the current configuration representation after the changes to the configuration have been made by Xoom.
- Stack trace is now always included in the exception entries in the log files, making the understanding of errors encountered during the use of Xoom easier.
We are happy to announce the release of Xoom 3.11.2. This is an important hotfix that fixes the following bugs:
- Fixed a bug where any reference to any new contained items (such as for example a reference to any property in a new collection) loaded into Settings Migration Tool was mis-identified as a bad reference during analysis on Xoom 3.11 server.
- Fixed a bug that caused an unknown method error being reported for GetDepthLimitedOuterXml method, resulting in deployment failing to complete.
- Prevented a few situations in Settings Migration Tool that could cause a Null Reference Exception to be thrown.
We are very proud to announce the release of Xoom 3.11. This release contains significant performance improvements and many new features, as well as a number of stability enhancements and bug fixes. It consolidates the functionality offered by Xoom 3, including the capabilities needed for Service Optimization Tuning Toolkit, as development moves towards cloud-friendly and truly multi-product Xoom 4 and beyond.
Continue reading Xoom 3.11 has been released