We are pleased to announce the release of Xoom 3.6.2. This includes various technical improvements, improved handling of sensitive information and a bug fix to cope with a Service Optimization database restart.
- Improved the detail of the interpretation of web client’s administrative user settings.
- ‘Remove transactional information report’ now also removes information about report instances being run.
- XML namespaces defined in Xoom configuration files (XoomConfig.xml, XoomCustom.xml) are now automatically brought into the context of any Xoom files describing the configuration of managed systems. For example, this enables concise expressions for interpretation of web client forms and filters.
Sensitive information in the configuration
We have added a report (RemoveSensitiveInformation.xsl) that removes some sensitive information from the configuration. The following information is removed:
- In Audit Definition setting, ConnectString attributes (which define connection strings for various external connections) are emptied.
- In ClickForecast general settings, we remove the connection strings of data sources.
- In GIS providers list, we remove passwords associated with GIS providers for various countries.
- In Mapper destinations setting, we remove the password from destination credentials.
This is intended primarily for configuration versioning (in cases where sensitive information should not be stored), but can also be used when transferring the configuration to other environments that don’t share authentication information with the source environment. In the latter case, the right information will have to be added via other means (either an extra step during the import, or manually).
- Scheme connection to the database is now reset if the database server gets restarted (thus invalidating the original connection with which the scheme was initialised). Previously, Xoom tried to use the original connection, resulting in error messages in the event log and the inability to refresh or modify the scheme.